Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 10- Painting a Heart With Love


















I had an idea Sunday and my Valentine helped me carry it out tonight. A Special Valentine's Day photo gift for y'all.

Lighting info and another derivation of the idea after the jump.

 Canon 7D, 200ISO, f/11, 1/160. Nikon SB24 in 21" umbrella, 45 degrees high and 135 degrees to camera right(1 o'clock if the camera is at 6 o'clock) to candy heart, zoomed to 24 mm, 1/2 power. Triggered by Pocket Wizards.

Here's a second shot with a little different perspective.


















I didn't select it for the front page because of the shadow from the hand. We tried a number of different lighting schemes from a second kicker flash, to folded white paper reflectors, to a large 5-in-1 reflector. This was the best we could get. I will say that trying all the different lighting schemes was a great learning experience. And, after all, that's the whole point of this project.

I would love to read your comments about which one you like better. Click the comments link below to let us no.

We hope you found true love all over again on the day for lovers!

Only 355 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment