Monday, February 14, 2011

Just for Fun


















Here's a casual family portrait, without me, of course, in front of the fireplace and winter tree. We decorate the tree for each season.

Lighting info after the jump.


Canon 7D, ISO 400, f/8, 1/5, daylight WB. Key- Nikon SB24 zoomed to 24mm in 43" Westcott umbrella, high and 45 degrees to camera right on 1/4 power. Kicker- Nikon SB26, bare, 90 degrees level with faces, camera left, zoomed to 24mm, on 1/16 power. Flashes triggered with Pocket Wizards.

As an aside, I used to used Elinchrome Skyport radio triggers. I loved them, as they were reliable and had good range. There were two important problems with them though. Number one on my list of dislikes was the power switch and how easily they could be powered off inside the carrying bag. Elinchrome has evidently fixed the problem with the on/off switch now, or so I'm told. The other issue was the flat battery for the transmitter. I could not find one around here anywhere. I ultimately got frustrated and invested in the PWs. No regrets, especially now that they've dropped substantially in price and come with everything you need to sync flashes and a camera if you want as well.

Onward and upward!!

No comments:

Post a Comment